Popdock allows you to publish any Popdock Widget into your Business Central Sandbox FastTab or FactBox without having to write any AL code. Once published to your Business Central Sandbox, you can then promote your widget extension from your Business Central Sandbox to Production.
1. Select Developer from the left navigation to open the Developer page. Select the widget you want to publish and then select the Edit icon.
Under the Settings menu, select Parameters.
2. Under the Environment section, you have the ability to embed your Popdock widget in the FactBox or FastTab of any page within your Business Central Sandbox. To start, select the name of the Business Central Sandbox you are publishing to from the Connector drop down menu.
3. From the Environment dropdown, select the page and location of where you would like to publish your widget. For example, to publish your widget on the FastTab of the Customer Card, select Customer Card – Fast tab from the dropdown menu. Alternatively, if you want to publish your widget to the FactBox of the Customer Card, you will then select the Customer Card – Fact box from the Environment dropdown menu.
4. Select Add environment parameter. An environment parameter allows you to select values from the environment to pass through to the widget to restrict the data displayed. From the dropdown menus, select the Parameter and Field you want to restrict the data off of within your widget.
5. Once you have selected the environment you would like to publish to and have set up your environment parameter, your widget is ready to publish to your Business Central Sandbox. You can select Publish from within the Actions menu.
6. If published successfully, you will see a pop window with the message “Your widget has been successfully published.” You can proceed to your Business Central sandbox environment to view your widget.
Business Central FastTab Widget
Business Central FactBox Widget
Questions on publishing FastTab and FactBox widgets? Contact email@example.com.