After the installer is complete, the eOne.SmartConnect.Config.exe will need to be launched as an admin from the C:Program FileseOne SolutionsSmartConnect directory.
When the configuration tool is launched for the first time, it will not have any information displayed yet.
The Customer ID must be entered and validated to continue the configuration process. That ID can be retrieved from the eOne Solutions web site under the renewals and registration keys section for an account.
When a valid ID is entered, it will enable the server list and the New Instance button.
The server list will be empty for any Customer ID that has not had previous installs performed. If the ID has other installs (development, testing, or UAT environments, etc.) they will be present in the list. For new installs, the New Instance button should be clicked to create a SmartConnect database and instance that registers with the account.
The New Instance window will create a new SmartConnect database and SQL user to connect to it, and if using a perpetual license, it will require that a user be created that will be used to log into SmartConnect once configuration is complete.
SQL Server Details
- MSSQL Server
- The name of the SQL server and/or instance that the SmartConnect database will be installed to.
- MSSQL User
- The SQL user that will be used during the installation to create the SmartConnect database and user. This user must be a SQL user (not a windows account) and must have rights to create objects in the selected server.
- MSSQL Password
- The password for the user entered for the MSSQL User.
- Test Connection
- Validates the connection to the server using the credentials provided. Must successfully validate before completing the new instance setup.
- SmartConnect Database
- The name of the SmartConnect SQL database that will be created for this install instance.
- SmartConnect User
- The name of the SmartConnect SQL user that will be created for this install instance.
- SmartConnect Password
- The password that will be set for the SmartConnect SQL user.
- The email for the first account that will be used to login to the SmartConnect application. A real email account should be used – password resets will be sent to that email address.
- First Name
- The display first name for the user.
- Last Name
- The display last name for the user.
- The password for the email account that will login to the SmartConnect application. This password must be used on the first login to the application.
It is important to remember the email and password used for the first user on the SmartConnect instance. Those credentials will be used for the initial login to the application. Once in the application, additional users and logins can be configured. Passwords can also be reset while in the application.
The New Instance window changes slightly if the license type is a subscription rather than a perpetual license. An existing user can be used to complete the instance setup and login with that email and password that is already set, or a new user can be added.
When adding or using an existing user with a subscription license, the user email is stored in the online SmartConnect user database. This will allow for those users to have access to both the on-premise deployment of SmartConnect along with the SmartConnect.com environment that the subscription gives access to.
Once the New Instance window is saved, that instance will be added to the list in the main configuration window and will be marked as Active. At this point, the configuration window could be closed and the SmartConnect application would allow a login to that environment.