Depending on the data you want to summarize on a list, you have several options that this feature is capable of. For example, you can take the data on your list and summarize it by showing an Average, Count, Distinct Count, Maximum, Minimum, and Sum. Follow these steps to summarize your list.
This example will summarize Dynamics GP sales line items list by item type and show the sum of the extended price and quantities of each item type.
The steps below detail how to summarize this list using the Custom Summary List feature.
First, you will create the Summary List Container. Then, you will select which list you are summarizing. Finally, you will configure your summarized list to show the data important to you.
1. Select Connectors from the left navigation to open the Connectors page.
2. Select the Edit icon next to the connector that you would like the summarized list to show up under.
3. Select Lists on the left navigation pane.
4. You will see the default lists available on the List page. In addition, you have a Custom lists section.
If you have not created a custom list for this connector yet, you will have the six options shown below. Select Click here to add a custom list that compares 2 lists.
If you have already created custom lists for the connector, you will see your custom lists here and Add custom list. Select Add custom list and then select Merged from the dropdown.
For more information on each type of list, please see the following Knowledge Base article: Getting to know custom lists.
5. Now you are ready to create your Summarized List. Start by completing the List settings:
The data you input on this screen will save automatically.
6. Now you will configure how you want to summarize the list. Select Fields on the left navigation menu.
7. Select Click here to add a group field. In the Add list window, select the field. In this example, it will be the Item type. Then select Add field.
Now you will see the Item type field added to the Group fields. If you wanted you, could add more fields to group by.
8. Select Click here to add summary fields. In the Add summary fields window, select the type of summary you want for a field.
In this example, you will get the sum of the quantities of line items as well as the sum of the extended price. Select Sum from the dropdown. All the fields that are available in the list that can be summed will display. Once you have selected your fields, select Add field at the bottom.
9. After you have completed adding fields, you can now set the default fields for your list. Scroll down and expand the Default fields section. Select Click here to add default fields. Select the fields you want as default fields and then select Add.
10. After you selected your default fields, your list is ready to be used. From the Popdock homepage, select Add new tab.
Select the Connector in which you added the compare list.
Next, select the Group if you added your list to a group.
Then select your summary list from the dropdown list and select Default View for the favorite.
You have now created a summary list that shows the sum of the extended price and quantities for each Item type. You can filter, sort or take action from your report, or export for your needs.
Questions on creating a summary list? Email support at email@example.com