The Dynamics 365 Business Central and Dynamics 365 Sales templates facilitate easy data integration between the most commonly used modules in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales and Dynamics 365 Business Central using SmartConnect.com. They provide an easy-to-install and ready-to-use Dynamics 365 Sales to Dynamics 365 Business Central integration option allowing Dynamics 365 Sales users to integrate data between Dynamics 365 Business Central and Dynamics 365 Sales as a one-time bulk import as well as set up real-time or change-based maps to keep both systems in sync. Each map can be used as-is or can be used as a great starting point to customize further.
The provided maps integrate to:
- Pricelist items
- Units of Measure
The Dynamics 365 Sales and Dynamics 365 Business Central sample integrations consist of 18 different maps. Every map integrates a specific Dynamics 365 Business Central page with a corresponding Dynamics 365 Sales entity. Every map is included in the main download file, but maps can be used as a stand-alone integration. Some maps need to be run in a specific order. For example, accounts need to be imported before any type of transaction that references those accounts.
The prerequisites to using these templates are as follows:
- Active SmartConnect.com Subscription
- Have a valid D365 Business Central organization set up
- Have a valid D365 Sales organization set up
- D365 Business Central Connection already configured within SmartConnect.com
- D365 Sales Connection already configured within SmartConnect.com
The overall process for using each map is:
- Set Up D365 Business Central Web Services to Allow Integrations
- Import map files(s)
- Review mapping (and customize if desired)
Set Up D365 Business Central Web Services to Allow Integrations
D365 Business Central requires a page object to be published before any applications can interact with them through a web service. Because every map is sending data into/out of D365 Business Central, a page for every type of map must be published.
To publish a page:
- Search for “Web Services” in the search box and select the “Web Services” page.
- Click “New” in the top left corner.
- Set the Object Type to “Page”. Enter the “Object ID” and the “Object Name” will be auto-filled.
- Enter a service name. Our web service will use this service name to identify pages, so set the Service Name to the same name as the “Object name” without any spaces or special characters.
- Check the Publish checkbox.
Below is a list of pages to publish. The number in parenthesis is the Object ID. The map name and map description show which map references that particular page. Only publish the pages that have a map you want to integrate with.
- GLAccountCard (17)
- SalesInvoice (43)
- Currencies (5)
- ItemCard (30)
- Territories (429)
- Units_Of_Measure (209)
More information on publishing a D365 Business Central page can be found at the eOne help article.