Looking to integrate with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central? Your first step in SmartConnect will be to set up the connector, then you will be able to create your SmartConnect maps to set up your integrations.
The Dynamics NAV/D365 Business Central Odata Connector is available in SmartConnect 126.96.36.199 and later.
Before setting up the connector in SmartConnect, at least one Business Central Web Service will need to be published as outlined in this article.
To set up the connection in SmartConnect to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, navigate to the Setup tab in the top ribbon.
1. Double click on the Dynamics NAV/365 Business Central Odata Connector. This will open the Microsoft Dynamics NAV/365 Business Central Odata Connector setup window.
2. For the Authentication Type, select Dynamics 365 BC
3. For the Service URL you will need to find the Odata V4 URL for your instance.
- To find your URL search for Web Services and add a new Page Web Service.
By using this URL, you will be able to integrate with all the objects in your Dynamics 365 Business Central instance that are published to web services.
*Note your URL will not include the Sandbox instance name in the URL unless you are connecting to a Sandbox instance.
4. Next, in the SmartConnect Connector window, enter a Dynamics 365 Business Central user, password and default company.
- The system service user will be used to connect to the Dynamics 365 Business Central web services to retrieve the company and available web services for that environment.
- The user selected must be a member of the same domain Business Central uses.
- To access your user information from Dynamics 365 Business Central (so you can enter it into SmartConnect), click on the magnifying glass icon (the search), and then search “users”.
- Click on your Dynamics 365 Business Central user to access the User Name and the Web Services Access Key:
- You’ll need to enter your Dynamics 365 Business Central User Name into the User Name field on the SmartConnect Connector window.
- You’ll need to enter the Dynamics 365 Business Central Web Service Access Key into the Password on the SmartConnect Connector window.
- Then, select Default Company you’d like to use.
*Note that you can integrate with multiple companies using SmartConnect.
For more detail on setup and configuration, visit the SmartConnect Manual.
Once you have your connectors set up, start integrating and create your first SmartConnect map.