Connecting to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central – SOAP Web Services
This article is for setting up the SmartConnect connector that uses the NAV/D365 Business Central SOAP web services.
We also have a connector that uses the NAV/D365 Business Central Odata web services, which you can find here.
When possible, the Odata web services are the recommended approach by eOne and Microsoft.
Before setting up the connector in SmartConnect, at least one Business Central Web Service will need to be published as outlined in this article.To set up the connection in SmartConnect to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, navigate to the Setup tab in the top ribbon.
1. Double click on the Dynamics NAV/365 Business Central Connector. This will open the Microsoft Dynamics NAV/365 Business Central Connector setup window.
2. For the Authentication Type, select Dynamics 365 Business Central.
3. For the Service URL you will need to find the SOAP URL for your instance.
To find your URL search for Web Services and add a new Page Web Service.
You will want to copy the SOAP URL for a Page Web Service up to the WS/
- By using this URL, you will be able to integrate with all the objects in your Dynamics 365 Business Central instance that are published to web services.
4. Next, in the SmartConnect Connector window, in the System Service section, enter a Dynamics 365 Business Central user, password and default company.
- The system service user will be used to connect to the Dynamics 365 Business Central web services to retrieve the company and available web services for that environment.
- To access your user information from Dynamics 365 Business Central (so you can enter it into SmartConnect), click on the magnifying glass icon (the search), and then search “users”.
- Click on your Dynamics 365 Business Central user to access the User Name and the Web Services Access Key:
- You’ll need to enter your Dynamics 365 Business Central User Name into the User Name field on the SmartConnect Connector window.
- You’ll need to enter the Dynamics 365 Business Central Web Service Access Key into the Password on the SmartConnect Connector window.
- Then, select Default Company you’d like to use. *Note that you can integrate with multiple companies using SmartConnect.
For more detail on setup and configuration, visit the SmartConnect Manual. SmartConnect is compatible with Dynamics 365 Business Central in SmartConnect versions 184.108.40.206 and later.
Once you have your connectors set up, start integrating and create your first SmartConnect map.
Integrate & Automate without Any Code.
SmartList Data has Never Been Faster.
The Easiest Way to Report on GP Data.