There are so many scenarios we come across at eOne Solutions where customers want to create full integrations between different systems using SmartConnect. However, what if it doesn’t always make sense to integrate the data? What if it only makes sense to display the data in another system with Popdock? I know it may sound like we’re contradicting ourselves at eOne, but it’s for a good reason. Let’s dive in:
SmartConnect as many know, is the integration, migration and automation tool that powers thousands of companies worldwide. Users can build true integrations matching the complexity and customizations of your business, without a developer, between hundreds of different applications. With SmartConnect your integrations can live in the cloud or on-premise.
Popdock blurs the lines of integration. It has a wide variety of functionality, as outlined below.
- Embedded, actionable widgets – You can embed data from one system into another, without actually integrating the systems i.e., see Dynamics GP data inside Business Central without needing to migrate that data, view Zendesk helpdesk tickets inside Salesforce.
- One interface for reporting from any system – In the Popdock interface you can access and see lists of your data from multiple systems at one time, without needing to leave the Popdock app.
- Custom reporting across applications – Join data from different applications into one list. An example of this is the ability to see shipping tracking numbers combined with Sales Invoices.
- Real-time data access – Popdock doesn’t store your data. It provides live, refreshable data that you can refresh as often as you want.
- Scheduled exception reporting – Send yourself reports for your exceptions. Examples include credit limit overages, item shortages, daily balances, etc.
Interested in Popdock, SmartConnect or both? Contact us at email@example.com.