The Security SmartList Builder setup is built to give you a list of the users setup in Microsoft Dynamics GP with their security setup. The setups for Excel Report Builder and Navigation List Builder are duplicates of the SmartList Builder setup.
- Security Assignment Task Operations
- Security Task Master
- Security Assignment Role Task
- Security Roles Master
- Security Assignment User Role
- Users Master
- Company Master
- Security Resource Descriptions
Screen shot of Setup in SmartList Builder.
For this template to work, you will need to build the Security Resource Descriptions table with the list of tables in your system. Before doing this, you are going to want to ensure you have a backup of your GP databases. Here are the steps to build the table.
1. In Microsoft Dynamics GP, go to Microsoft Dynamics GP – Maintenance – Clear Data
2. On the clear data window, click on the “Display” menu and choose the Physical option
3. Under series, choose “System”
4. In the tables section, scroll down to find the Security Resource Descriptions table. Select it and insert it into the Selected Tables list.
5. Click OK to run the maintenance.
These templates are designed to be a starting place for your reporting needs. While we try to make them as accurate as possible, we always recommend you check them with your data as we don’t guarantee their results. Differences in how data is entered and used in Microsoft Dynamics GP can produce different results with these templates.