Setting up a Salesforce connection in SmartConnect.com. I type in all my connection details, and hit the Validate button, and receive the message that says “Connection to Salesforce was successful”, however the “Save” button does not enable, and I am unable to save the connection.
Below are two possible causes and solutions.
This can be caused when incorrect account information is cached into the browser cache, do the following steps to see if it corrects it:
- Log out of SmartConnect.com
- Close the browser
- Reopen the browser
- Clear your browser cache
- Login to SmartConnect.com and attempt to setup your Salesforce connection again to see if it will save after it’s validated.
Alternatively you can launch an InPrivate browser session in Edge, or an Incognito browser session in Chrome and setup the Salesforce connection since the InPrivate or Incognito sessions do not cache any of the information locally.
This can happen if your browser has automatically filled in the production tab of the Salesforce connector.
- Switch to the Production tab of the Salesforce connector
- Click the Reset button on the bottom of the screen
- Switch back to the Sandbox tab
- Click Save