Follow these steps if you are having difficulty getting SmartPost installed. These instructions will completely uninstall the product and allow you to reinstall.
1. Making sure you are logged out of GP on the machine, go into Windows Add/Remove programs and run the uninstaller for eOne SmartPost.
2. After the uninstall, manually delete the following files from your main GP client installation folder. You may or may not have all these files, but check each one, and if it is there delete it:
3. Now go into your GPAddIns folder and delete the following files:
4. Now launch SQL server management studio and go to the Security – Logins folder. Find the SQL user named “SmartPost” and delete it. It will get recreated when you reinstall.
5. Now reinstall SmartPost using the standard installation instructions
6. After the installation is complete, launch GP. Make sure you login as the sa user in order to get the new code added correctly.