Typically this is caused by a filter or a restriction on the list in the standard SmartList. Follow these steps to resolve inconsistent results between SmartList and SmartView
1. Go to GP – Tools – Setup – System – SmartView – Smartlist Maintenance.
2. For the SmartList having the issue, check the checkbox that says “Large List”.
3. Change the Max Records to 10,000.
4. Hit the OK button
5. Open up the SmartList and check to ensure it returns data.
6. Setup your filter or restriction and ALWAYS hit the refresh button when the SmartList opens. The number of records returned in SmartView should now match the number of records in SmartList.