Before upgrading to SmartConnect 2010 you must first be using version Smartconnect 22.214.171.124 or 10.0.0.51 of SmartConnect. Here are the steps you need to follow.
1. Make sure all your maps are functional prior to the upgrade. Maps that are currently not functional will not update. If you have extra maps you need to remove, remove them now by opening up each map and hitting the Delete button on the Map setup window.
2. Uninstall the current version of SmartConnect. You will not lose any maps when you uninstall.
3. Install the 126.96.36.199 build of SmartConnect if you are on Great Plains 9.0 This build can be downloaded here. If you are on Great Plains 10.0, you need to install the 10.0.0051 build of SmartConnect. This build can be downloaded here.
4. After installing the new build of SmartConnect, launch into Great Plains as the sa user. Login to a company you have maps in.
5. Go to Tools – SmartConnect – System Maintenance. Uncheck the checkboxes that say ‘Deregister Real-Time Triggers’ and ‘Create GP Resource Cache’.
6. Hit the process button.
7. You MUST perform steps 5 and 6 in each and every company you have maps in that you want to update.
8. After the maps have been upgraded to the 51 build, you may proceed with upgrading Great Plains to version 2010. After upgrading GP to 2010, then you can proceed with the SmartConnect 2010 or 2011 update by following the instructions you can download from here.