When attempting to install SmartConnect 2010, receiving an error during the install of eConnect. The error says “Login failed for user ‘sa’.” The username and password have been confirmed to be correct.
This is an issue with the Microsoft eConnect installer. In order to get eConnect to install, the following steps need to be performed.
1. Create a new Domain User (Administrator does not work when installing eConnect)
2. Add this domain user to the Domain Administrators Group
3. Add this domain user to SQL and give him sysadmin access in SQL
4. For DYNAMICS and every company the user needs to be added to DYNGRP and PUBLIC in SQL
5. Log into the machine where you want to install eConnect as this domain user and use the credentials on the eConnect installation screen.