When installing the Excel 2007 Add-In on a Citrix server, the Add-In only appears for the administrative user that performed the initial installation.
In order for the Excel Add-In to appear for all users in a Citrix environment, a registry key needs to be added to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER section of the registry for each additional user.
To do this perform the following:
1. Install the Excel Add-In as an administrative user on the Citrix machine. Make sure the Add-In launches for that specific user.
2. Give temporary administrative privileges to the any other users who need to use the Add-In.
3. Login to Citrix as the user, and launch Excel. If it asks you any questions about installing or trusting the SmartConnect Add-In click Yes or Accept.
4. Log the user out of Citrix after the Add-In installs, then login as the next user that needs access to the Add-In.
5. Repeat for all users.
6. Revert the user security privileges to their prior settings after the Add-In has been installed for all users.