When running a SmartConnect map, you receive an error for each document that says “The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect. Check the username and password.
This means that the eConnect username and password is incorrect, or that the password has expired.
If you are using Microsoft Dynamics GP 9 or 10 do the following:
1. Go to Control Panel – Administrative Tools – Component Services.
2. Expand Component Services
3. Expand Computers
4. Expand My Computer
5. Expand COM+ Applications
6. Right click on the eConnect 10 or eConnect 9 objects and select Properties
7. Go to the Identity Tab, change the account and/or password there.
If you are using Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 do the following:
1. Go to Control Panel – Administrative Tools – Services.
2. Right click on the “eConnect for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 Integration Service” and select Properties
3. Select the Log On tab
4. Change the account and/or password in this window.