What is a rolling column, and how do I use it in SmartConnect?
A rolling column is used to retrieve the next available document number from Great Plains.
To create and use a rolling column, do the following.
1. Open the rolling column window by clicking on the GoTo in the upper right corner of your Source Columns while you are in the Node Mapping window.
2. Check the box that says “Use Rolling Column” and give it a unique name that does not already exist in your source file.
3. Change the number type to “Microsoft Dynamics GP”
4. Select the Great Plains module from the Module drop down
5. Select the Document Type from the Document Type drop down
6. If you select Sales Order Processing, you will also need to select a Document ID from the drop down. Hit OK on the Rolling Column window, and then the field will show up as a source column available to be used in the mapping. Map the field to the document number parameter in your destination and then when the map runs, it will select the next available document number from Great Plains.