Receiving an error that says :The type initializer for eOne.SmartConnect.UI.GPAddIn threw an exception.” when launching Great Plains.
This can be caused by five different causes. Check the following things in this order. (The order starts with the easiest to resolve)
1. SmartConnect was installed into the incorrect directory. Ensure you selected the correct Great Plains directory when you installed.
2. The forms and/or reports dictionary are damaged. Rename both the forms and reports.dic to forms.old and reports.old and see if you still get the error.
3. The Dynamics.set file has an incorrect number of products in it. Recreate the Dynamics.set file and see if that resolves the error. Note: For information on recreating the Dynamics.set file, search PartnerSource or CustomerSource or KB article 850403.
4. The version of SmartConnect does not match the version of Microsoft Dynamics GP. Make sure if you are on Dynamics 9.0 you install SmartConnect 9.0. If you are on Dynamics 10.0, you need to install SmartConnect 10.0
5. The .NET framework install is damaged. Uninstall and reinstall the latest Microsoft .NET framework on the workstation.