The Lifecycle Policy
This policy states the standard support policies for all eOne products. This policy went into effect on August 1st, 2014. The standard policy allows for 5 years of Standard support and 5 years of Extended support for a total of 10 years of support for the products included, with the exception of SmartConnect and Node Builder. These are different because the release cycle does not follow the Microsoft Dynamics GP release cycle. This policy is a worldwide policy. However, if local laws require different policies, those will changes will be made individually.
|Products Released||Standard Support End Date||Extended Support End Date|
|Node Builder 2011||12/31/2016||12/31/2018|
|SmartList Builder 10.0||10/9/2012||10/10/2017|
|SmartList Builder 2010||10/13/2015||10/13/2020|
|SmartList Builder 2013 (including R2)||4/10/2018||4/11/2023|
|SmartList Builder 2015||4/14/2020||4/8/2025|
|SmartList Builder 2016||7/13/2021||7/14/2026|
|SmartList Builder 2018||1/10/2023||1/11/2028|
|SmartView External for GP 10.0||10/9/2012||10/10/2017|
|SmartView External for GP 2010||10/13/2015||10/13/2020|
|SmartView External for GP 2013||4/10/2018||4/11/2023|
|SmartView External for GP 2015||4/14/2020||4/8/2025|
|SmartView External for GP 2016||7/13/2021||7/14/2026|
|SmartView External for GP 2018||1/10/2023||1/11/2028|
Standard Support vs Extended Support
|Support provided||Standard Support phase||Extended Support phase|
|Service Pack/Feature Update Releases*||X|
|Problem Report support||X|
|Design changes and feature requests||X|
|Online information available on eOneSolutions.com such as Knowledge Base, Documentation, etc||X||X|
- A hotfix is being defined as a fix to address a specific issues in the software. They do not go through regression testing like Service Packs do. Generally hotfixes are included in the next service pack/release as well.
- For the products of Extender, Flexicoder, SmartList Builder, SmartPost, and SmartView, service packs are released for the latest two versions in standard support. Occasionally, releases may be posted for older versions still in Standard Support.
- This support lifecycle is generated to cover all major and minor releases of a product. For Example, an R2 version of a product would follow the same Standard and Extended support of the parent product.
- After the Lifecycle of a product has passed, to receive support, the product would need to be updated to a supported release. If the update is done from an unsupported release to a supported release, that update would supported unless otherwise noted. If there is an intermediary update that has to occur to an unsupported release that portion of the update would not be supported unless other noted below.
- SmartConnect 10.0.0.51 will be supported when required to upgrade to the latest released version.