Enhancing the Reliability of Complex Dynamics GP Integrations
The following is an excerpt from Steve Endow’s blog, Enhancing the reliability of complex Dynamics GP integrations.
I had a call today with a customer who is implementing several complex Dynamics GP integrations. One of the integrations involves the following steps:
1. A SmartConnect map imports a large AP Invoice batch once per day
2. Once the batch is fully imported, SmartConnect inserts a database record telling Post Master Enterprise that the batch is ready to post
3. Post Master Enterprise posts the AP Invoice batch
4. Once the batch is finished posting, Post Master Enterprise automatically fires a stored procedure where the customer will have custom SQL script
5. The stored procedure will verify the batch posted successfully and then call a SQL command to trigger a second SmartConnect map
6. SmartConnect will then import AP Manual Payments and apply the payments to the posted AP Invoice batch
7. Once SmartConnect is done importing the Payments and Applications, it will then insert another database record telling Post Master to post the AP Manual Payment batch
In theory, this process will work just fine, as both SmartConnect and Post Master can be configured to work together to coordinate in this manner.
In any system integration with many steps or processes, there is a chance that one of the steps may not work properly, may encounter an error, may fail, may not fire, etc.
Want to read more? Check out the rest of Steve’s blog here!
Integrate & Automate without Any Code.
SmartList Data has Never Been Faster.
The Easiest Way to Report on GP Data.
Leave a Comment