Tech Tuesday – Troubleshooting Scheduled Maps
Today we have another tip from our lead support technician on troubleshooting scheduled maps that won’t run in SmartConnect. Scheduling maps is one of the most common tasks that our clients use, so these steps should help speed up the process of getting them up and running in the case where they don’t work immediately:
Analyzing and troubleshooting why a map won’t run scheduled.
99% of the time it’s because the scheduling user does not have access to some resource used by the map. Either directories or pathnames or files that are not available to the user that is running the schedule. The best/easiest way to troubleshoot it is to go to the machine where the scheduler resides.
1. Go to Start – Run and type in Services.msc
2. In the services window, find the “eOne SmartConnect Service”
3. Right click on it and go to Properties. Then go to the Log On tab. Write down the User ID that is used there.
4. Log off the machine that is running the schedule, and log back on as the user you wrote down in step 3.
5. Open the map and preview the data source. If you cannot preview the data source, it means the user does not have access to the drive/directory/table the source data is coming from.
6. If the data source previews, run the map and see if you get an error. Most likely you will get some sort of error while manually running the map. Continue fixing issues as you find them until you can manually run the map as the user set to run the scheduling service.
7. Now log off the machine and setup the schedule to run again. If the map ran manually when you are logged into Windows as the scheduler user, it will most likely run via the scheduler at that point as well.
Leave a Comment
Integrate & Automate without Any Code.
SmartList Data has Never Been Faster.
The Easiest Way to Report on GP Data.
I have a map that has been scheduled and running for several months but stopped over the weekend with no “runs” listed. I followed your instructions and ran the map successfully logged on to the machine using the service account.
What else do you recommend? We use this service account with several gp services and have no problems with the others.
Hi, I’m having the same issue. I have two scheduled maps. Each running daily. One every 10 minutes and the other every minute for 1440 minutes of the day. They run fine perfectly through the week however when it gets to Friday, they stop. Not sure why??? There are no errors in the event logs and the user running this can run manually, preview and of course the maps work throughout the week.
Using GP2015 and the latest SmartConnect for this version. Can you please tell me what else could be causing this issue?
Thanks in advance!!
Hi, I am experiencing more regular scheduled map stops. I have 2 maps that start at 00:00 and run for 1440 minutes of the day (24hrs) every 4 minutes. They seem to run fine during the day however in the night at random times they will stop running. They will not fail, just stop running. There are other scheduled maps that don’t experience this behavior and continue to run when these maps fail.
The eConnect SmartConnect Service appears to have no problems.
Any thoughts as to what it could be?
Thanks in advance!
I am having the same issues. I upgraded to the 2017 version and they won’t run automatically like it did before the upgrade. I been having to run it manually. Can’t seem to figure out. Any help would be appreciated