GP Sample Integrations - All in One
GP Sample Integrations - All in One
Get a jump start on integrating data into Dynamics GP using SmartConnect! The sample maps show how to import data from Excel or csv files into 28 different Dynamics GP nodes. Each map can be used as-is or can be used as a great starting point to customize further. Each integration includes a SmartConnect map and an excel data source. For clients without Excel installed, there are CSV versions of each data source as well that can be used instead. The provided maps integrate to:
- Chart of Accounts
- Item Price Levels And Lists
- Fixed Assets
- Transaction Records
- Sales Orders
- Purchase Orders
- PO Receipts
- Journal Entries
- Journal Entries with AA
- Bank Transactions
- Bank Transactions with AA
- Inventory Adjustments
- Inventory Transfers
- Payroll Transaction Entry
- Receivables Transactions
- Receivables Transactions with Distributions
- Receivables Transactions with AA
- Payables Transactions
- Payables Transactions with Distributions
- Payables Transactions with AA
- Service Calls
General InformationThe GP Sample maps consist of 28 different maps and an Excel or CSV data source for each map. Every map is a bulk map and set to use an Excel spreadsheet as a data source. The data sources each contain a small number of records and contain enough fields to run, but more columns can be added. Every map is included in the main download zip file, but each map can be used as a stand-alone integration and do not need to be ran in any order. Some of the maps do rely on data included in the sample company TWO to run. Some maps use translation tables as well, which allow using text fields in the data source even when Dynamics GP expects a number. Translation tables are useful for drop-downs that store a number in SQL Server, but only show text in Dynamics GP.
Prerequisites to using these templates are as follows:
- Have a valid Dynamics CRM and Zendesk instance/organization
- SmartConnect 20.16 or higher installed and registered
- Dynamics GP Connector already configured within SmartConnect
- Import map files(s)
- Update file path to data source
- Review mapping (and customize if desired)
Import Map Files
- Download the "Dynamics GP Sample Maps.sce" file.
- From the Maintenance tab in SmartConnect, click Import Wizard.
- Browse to the downloaded maps file and click next. The next window will show everything in the import file.
- To import everything, click next. If you don't want to import all the maps, check only the maps you wish to use.
- Once the maps are imported, the map has to be set up and reviewed before running. The process is similar for all maps so only the "IMP_GP_ITEMS" map will be shown below.
Steps to Setting Up Map
- From SmartConnect, double click the "IMP_GP_ITEMS" map name to open the Map Setup window.
- An error may appear if the source workbook cannot be found. If so, enter a new Excel Workbook path by browsing to a new workbook and re-selecting the Sheet.
- Expand the Destination section of the map setup window to see the mapped nodes. Double click a mapped node to open it.
- In the SmartConnect Mapping window, the "Source Columns" section lists all of the columns in the Excel or CSV source file. In the "Destination Columns" section, the Name column shows all the possible Dynamics GP fields to map to, and the "Column Name" column shows which source column data will come from. Any translation tables can be added or modified by opening up the Additional Columns window.
- After the "SmartConnect Mapping" window has been reviewed and modified if necessary, run the map.
1 - 4 (of 5)