The full error message is:
Metadata contains a reference that cannot be resolved: ‘https://yourinstance.api.crm.dynamics.com/XRMServices/2011/Organization.svc?wsdl&sdkversion=9’
Microsoft changed CRM to use TLS 1.2 starting with the release of version 9. SmartConnect has been updated to use TLS 1.2 as of version of 126.96.36.199. If you are on version 188.8.131.52, and still receiving this error, then the registry will need to be updated to allow connections to TLS 1.2.
To enable the TLS protocols, you need to add new registry entries for the Schannel
Note: You will be editing the registry. This could have detrimental effects on your computer if done incorrectly, so it is strongly advised to make a backup.
Enable TLS Protocols on Client Machine:
- Start the registry editor by clicking on Start and Run. Type in “regedit” into the Run field (without quotations).
- Highlight Computer at the top of the registry tree. Backup the registry first by clicking on File and then on Export. Select a file location to save the registry file.
- Browse to the following registry key:
- Right click on the Protocols folder and select New and then Key from the drop-down menu. This will create new folder. Rename this folder to TLS 1.2
- Right click on the TLS 1.2 key and add a new key underneath it.
- Rename the new key as Client
- Right click on the Client key and select New and then DWORD (32-bit) Value from the drop-down list.
- Rename the DWORD to DisabledByDefault.
- Right-click the name DisabledByDefault and select Modify… from the drop-down menu.
- Ensure that the Value data field is set to 0 and the Base is Hexadecimal. Click on OK.
- Create another DWORD for the Client key as you did in Step 7.
- Rename this second DWORD to Enabled.
- Right-click the name Enabled and select Modify… from the drop-down menu.
- Ensure that the Value data field is set to 1 and the Base is Hexadecimal. Click on OK.
- Reboot the server