1. Go into your local Great Plains directory and find the EXTUD.DIC file.
2. Rename the file to EXTUD.OLD
3. Install the Microsoft version of eXtender.
4. If you are on GP10 service pack 4 or any version of GP 2010, run this script in SQL server management studio against your company database. This script will convert your tables from the eOne versions to the Microsoft versions. You need to run this script against ALL company databases you wish to convert. If you are using a version prior to GP10 service pack 4, you can skip directly to step 5.
5. Launch Dynamics. Make sure you get the prompt that says ‘New code must be included now…’ This means it was installed into the correct GP directory. If you get this prompt, move on to step 6, if not then start over, making sure that you point the install at the correct GP directory.
6. Log into the company that as having the issue as the ‘sa’ user
7. Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP – Maintenance – SQL
8. Change the product to Extender, change the company to the current database (the one you are logged into)
9. Highlight ALL the tables in the list (CTRL+A)
10. Check the boxes that say ‘Create Table’ and ‘Create Auto Procedure’
11. Click the process button.
12. After it finishes, change the database to Dynamics and perform steps 9-11 again.
13. You will need to do steps 1-3 on all workstations that have Great Plains installed on them.
14. You will need to do steps 6-11 in each company you have created in Great Plains.