Here are the steps you will need to do to resolve the issue:
1. Log into Dynamics GP as the ‘sa’ user.
2. Open SmartView and then go to File – Maintenance – Create/update views.
3. Wait for the process to finish, it will take less than a minute to run.
4. Now in the Navigation Pane, right click on your Shortcuts and click Add – Add Window
5. Browse to SmartView – System – SmartView Setup and click Add then Done.
6. In the Navigation Pane, click on your shortcut named SmartView Setup.
7. In the screen that opens, type in ‘smartview’ for the User ID and ‘smartview’ for the password
8. Go into SQL Server Management Studio. Go to the Security – Logins subfolder
9. Right click on the smartview user and go to properties.
10. Type ‘smartview’ as the password in there, and then click OK SmartView should now return data correctly.