Opening an Excel template provided from eOne. A message box saying that “Excel found unreadable content in ‘<ExcelFileName>.xlsm’. Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes. After clicking yes, one of the following error messages occurs. “Removed Part: /xl/vbaProject.bin part. (Visual Basic for Applications (VBA))” or “This workbook has lost its VBA project, ActiveX controls and any other programmability-related features.”
These errors are caused when VBA is not installed with Excel 2007.
1. Open the Control Panel – Add/Remove Programs.
2. Select the Microsoft Office 2007 program and click Change.
3. When the install screen comes up, select Add or Remove Features and click Continue.
4. Expand the Office Shared Features Object.
5. Locate the Visual Basic for Applications object, right-click and select Run from My Computer.
6. Select Continue to update your Office 2007 installation.