Looking to integrate with Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Financials? Your first step in SmartConnect will be to set up the connector, and then you will be able to create your SmartConnect maps to set up your integrations.To set up the connection in SmartConnect to Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Financials, navigate to the Setup tab in the top ribbon.
1. Double click on the Dynamics NAV/365 Financials Connector. This will open the Microsoft Dynamics NAV/365 Financials Connector setup window.
2. For the Authentication Type, select Dynamics 365 Financials.
3. For the Service URL, enter the Web Services SOAP URL for your Dynamics 365 Financials environment. Here is an example of the format (though yours won’t say eOne): https://eone.financials.dynamics.com:7047/MS/WS/ . Your format will be https://yourinstancename.financials.dynamics.com:7047/MS/WS/
By using this URL, you will be able to integrate with all the objects in your Dynamics 365 for Financials instance that are published to web services. Click here to learn more about the steps to view existing objects and publish new objects to web services in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Financials.
4. Next, in the SmartConnect Dynamics NAV/365 Financials Connector window, in the System Service section, enter a Dynamics 365 for Financials user, password and default company.
- The system service user will be used to connect to the Dynamics 365 for Financials web services to retrieve the company and available web services for that environment.
- To access your user information from Dynamics 365 for Financials (so you can enter it into SmartConnect), click on the lightbulb page icon (the search), and then search “users”.
- Click on your Dynamics 365 for Financials user to access the User Name and the Web Services Access Key:
- You’ll need to enter your Dynamics 365 for Financials User Name into the User Name field on the SmartConnect Dynamics NAV/365 Financials Connector window.
- You’ll need to enter the Dynamics 365 for Financials Web Service Access Key into the Password on the SmartConnect Dynamics NAV/365 Financials Connector window.
- Then, select Default Company you’d like to use. *Note that you can integrate with multiple companies using SmartConnect.
5. In the “Run Map Credentials” section of the Dynamics NAV/365 Financials Connector window, complete the username and password with the same user information that you used in the System Service User.
For more detail on setup and configuration, visit the SmartConnect Manual. SmartConnect is compatible with Dynamics 365 for Financials in SmartConnect versions 220.127.116.11 and later.
Once you have your connectors set up, start integrating and create your first SmartConnect map.