Skip to content
+1-888-319-3663

COMMUNITY FORUM

Upgrading to SmartConnect 2013

Don Hooper asked 7 years ago
We've recently upgraded to Dynamics GP 2013 and I'm trying to upgrade to SmartConnect 2013 now. I went through the installation without any problems, but when I go to GP Resource Cache and process with Create GP Resource Cache checked I get an error that Microsoft GP has stopped working, and it kills Dynamics GP. I saw the Knowledge Base article on something similar to this when MICR is installed, but I don't have that installed. I tried removing other addons to see if it would make a difference, but without success. Any ideas on what is happening?
Answers
Best Answer
sueconrod answered 7 years ago
Did you go in and restart the econnect and eoneSmartConnect Services.  They automatically stop whenyou are doing an upgrade.  Control panel>>Administrative Tools>>Services   econnect for Microsoft GP and eoneSmartConnect Service.   If they are showing as started, stop and restart them.
Don Hooper replied 7 years ago

The econnect service was running. I restarted it. The eOne SmartConnect Service was not. I started it and it immediately stopped again. I assume it is supposed to continue running. I have not rebooted the server since SQL is on it and is being used. Do I need to do that first?

If you would like to submit an answer or comment, please sign in to the eOne portal.