Skip to content
+1-888-319-3663

COMMUNITY FORUM

The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

Santiago Lopez asked 7 years ago
I´m using Excel addin 2013, when i try to run the map i’m getting this error “The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.”, the services are running ok 
Answers
Best Answer
Santiago Lopez answered 5 years ago
Ok, This error could happend for lot of reasons, in some cases, for us our users try to for example send a map with a template design for another map. or the eone service user dont have the apropiate permission on the Company DB.
Lorren answered 7 years ago
Santiago,
Make sure none of the column headers in your excel sheet has spaces or special characters. Also, I assume the Validation is successful, correct?
Lorren
Chad Bruels replied 5 years ago

I am getting this internal server error on a client’s machine as well. We can navigate to the service url in a browser and validation is successful on the Service Settings window. However, after selecting the map and other Configuration choices, the Validate button in the ribbon does nothing at all – no message given. It is when selecting Run Map that we receive the error.

Jerrod La Vassor answered 5 years ago
I know this is an old topic, but I had a similar issue with the 500 errors from the excel plugin. I eventually tracked it back to be a permission issue inside of smartconnect. The users running the maps did not have any of the connectors selected. In my case we are sending the maps to GP, so we had to give the user the appropriate connectors, in addition to the ability to run maps, etc.

If you would like to submit an answer or comment, please sign in to the eOne portal.