Skip to content
+1-888-319-3663

COMMUNITY FORUM

SmartView 2013 Installation

LukeLien asked 7 years ago
We're trying to install SmartView 2013 to run with Dynamics GP 2013.

The installation instructions seem simple, which appears to be the problem.

I made sure I had fresh backups from the prior evening and then ran the .msi file from eOne solutions to install the software.  I first ran it on the server instance of GP.  Everything went fine with no error messages.

Steps #8 and #9 refer to starting GP and receiving a Dexterity message.  That message never appeared when I restarted GP.

The registration step directs the user to go to GP>Tools>SmartView>Registration.  I do not have "SmartView" as an option under tools even if I am logged in as "sa" or a power user.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Answers
Best Answer
Jared answered 7 years ago
When you run the installer file make sure it is pointing to your GP install location.  If the cnk file is not placed in your GP location you will not get the message as described in step 9 and SmartView will not be installed which is why you have no registration window.
LukeLien replied 7 years ago

Thank you!  That worked perfectly.  

As it turns out, there is a directory on our machines where Smartview was set to install by default (C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft DynamicsGP2013), but that directory apparently is not where Dynamics is actually installed on our machines and server.  Our is installed at "C:Microsoft DynamicsGP2013".

If you would like to submit an answer or comment, please sign in to the eOne portal.