Skip to content
+1-888-319-3663

COMMUNITY FORUM

Smartlist Builder 2013 upgrade error

Tammy asked 8 years ago
After upgrading GP 2010 to GP 2013 SP 2 and installing the eOne SmartList Builder we get a couple errors:  1> When logging in as SA it tells me that Smartlist Builder has to continue installing and this will take a few minutes.  2> When a user logs into their workstation it gives them the error that Smartlist Builder will be disabled until the Administrator initializes.  I saw the thread about installing the GP Smartlist Builder.  That was not an option we had on the last downloaded CD for GP 2013 SP 2.  How do I get past this error on each workstation.
Jared replied 8 years ago

This message will show up as you described because the GP version wasn't installed first.  Page 21 of our manual online (http://www.eonesolutions.com/Downloads/Software/SmartListBuilder/Manuals/SmartList%20Builder%202013%20Manual.pdf) describes the upgrade process.

You will need to remove the eOne version of SmartList Builder (http://support.eonesolutions.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/Knowledge-Base-Article.aspx?articleid=231) and start over with the correct upgrade process.

Thank You,
Jared

Tammy replied 8 years ago

I would do that, however we did not get the option to install the GP version of Smartlist Builder on the download we have from Microsoft.  How do I go about getting that if it is not listed on the items to install?

What version do you have?  From what I can tell every version should have SmartList Builder included.

This is the build (12.00.1482) we downloaded from PartnerSource and when we go to install Microsoft Dyanmics GP the Smartlist Builder is not in the options to select nor the add ons.

I don't think you are looking in the correct place in the installer.  If you can refer to our manual on page 22 you will see where to go.  You need to get into the add/remove features section.  You can also access the add/remove features by going to Programs and Features in your control panel, select Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 and click the Change button.

I will go back to the client and verify that I can access from the add/remove features.  Thank you.

OK I am on site at the clients.  I have followed the steps to uninstall the eOne version of Smartlist builder.  All steps but removing the lines from the Dynamics.exe.config file as the lines were not listed in there.  I installed the GP version of Smartlist builder ran the GP Utilities and it said that it was at the current version.  I re-installed the eOne Smartlist builder and registered it.  I log out of GP and log back in and it tells me that SmartList Builder needs to continue to install files.  Please help as I need this fixed this morning, 

When you ran utilities it thought it was already up to date and didn't actually update the tables because the version information was updated when you installed the eOne version the first time.   I would recommend sending an email to support@eonesolutions.com with your issue.  You will need to have purchased support hours if you have not already.  Support will be able to help update the tables so that SmartList Builder will finish installing.

If you would like to submit an answer or comment, please sign in to the eOne portal.