Skip to content
+1-888-319-3663

COMMUNITY FORUM

SmartConnect GP Addin 2018.0.7 will not uninstall

Tom asked 3 years ago
Greetings – I have a strange problem and I am not sure what to do here.
I have been trying to correct an issue on a desktop and I am a bit baffled.  I have unistalled all GP items on the desktop as part of an upgrade.  Unfortunately, the GP Addinn 2018.0.7 will not uninstall.  It still shows in the “add remove programs” section of the control panel but nothing appears to be actually installed (I have gone as far as deleting the DYnamics directory).  
I did follow the steps in the help article to remove it manually, but that doesn’t seem to be it.  Is there a registry key somewhere that I need to adjust?  How do I get this thing completely uninstalled so I can reinstall?  Reimaging is not an option I would like to follow at this point – the desktop in question has a bunch of stuff installed that would be a pain to re-install.
Answers
Lorren Zemke answered 3 years ago
Tom,
You will probably need to use this method to remove the application as “installed” from Microsoft Windows. https://www.intowindows.com/3-ways-to-uninstall-programs-that-wont-uninstall-in-windows-10/

Lorren

If you would like to submit an answer or comment, please sign in to the eOne portal.