Skip to content
+1-888-319-3663

COMMUNITY FORUM

SC 2015 – Can't Delete Map, Save Record Error

Ryan Connolly asked 6 years ago
Hi, I updated from SC 2014 to SC 2015. I am having issues now with a few maps. One map I am trying to delete and receive “Failed to delete map, Transaction not connected or disconnected”. Second, when I try to run another Map I receive “Could not save record” error. Both use Dynamics GP Change Data Source. I have updated cache in GP.
Any help would be appreciated.

Ryan

Answers
Marc answered 6 years ago
I’m getting the same errors on newly updated SC2015 install.  Can’t delete some maps and can’t save changes to others with the two errors you mentioned above.  I have found that I can duplicate them and then successfully work with the duplicated map.  But in the end I have very specific naming conventions so need to be able to delete the original map that I can’t delete.
Ryan replied 6 years ago

Same here, I am able to use duplicated maps and also follow a certain naming convention.

Brady Swenson answered 6 years ago

Ryan and Marc,
Can you tell us which version of SmartConnect you have installed and which build number you came from? 

There was a release of SmartConnect that had known issues with a System Permissions table, which are similar to the issues you have described. 

There is a new release available on our website, which we would recommend you install and upgrade to address those issues.

http://www.eonesolutions.com/smartconnect/downloads/

Marc replied 6 years ago

Version 20.15.0.51 is where I started encountering the issues. I’m not exactly sure what version of 2014 I was running before, but I typically upgrade every couple months so it wasn’t very old.

Ryan answered 6 years ago
I also am on 20.15.0.51  That is when the error started when trying to delete a map, I was able to in SC 2014
Brady Swenson answered 6 years ago
Hi Ryan and Marc,
I’m beginning to wonder if you have a lot of data saved in your SmartConnect Log tables, which could be related to the issues you are seeing when trying to delete a map.
Here are some queries you can run to review your SmartConnect Log tables. 

SELECT COUNT (*) FROM  SmartConnect..LogMapDetail
SELECT COUNT (*) FROM  SmartConnect..LogDataTable
SELECT COUNT (*) FROM  SmartConnect..LogDocumentDetail
SELECT COUNT (*) FROM  SmartConnect..LogMapTaskDetail
SELECT COUNT (*) FROM  SmartConnect..LogDocumentTaskDetail
SELECT COUNT (*) FROM  SmartConnect..LogDocumentTaskDetail
SELECT COUNT (*) FROM  SmartConnect..LogDocumentTask
SELECT COUNT (*) FROM  SmartConnect..LogDocument
SELECT COUNT (*) FROM  SmartConnect..LogMapTask
SELECT COUNT (*) FROM  SmartConnect..LogDocument
SELECT COUNT (*) FROM  SmartConnect..LogMaster
SELECT COUNT (*) FROM  SmartConnect..TraceLine
SELECT COUNT (*) FROM  SmartConnect..TraceHeader
SELECT COUNT (*) FROM  SmartConnect..ProcessErrors
SELECT COUNT (*) FROM  SmartConnect..LogEventLog

If you return a lot of data from these queries, one suggestion we’d have for you is to clear out these tables. 
Below are the scripts to remove everything, except for the last 14 days, from the SmartConnect Log tables.  We’d recommend running this in test environment or ensure you have a backup of your SmartConnect database before proceeding. 
If you require any assistance with running these scripts, then we’d ask that you submit a support request to support@eonesolutions.com.

delete b
FROM SmartConnect..LogMapDetail b
       JOIN SmartConnect..LogMaster a ON b.LogMasterId = a.LogMasterId
WHERE a.RunDate < GETDATE() 14

delete b
FROM SmartConnect..LogDataTable b

delete b
FROM SmartConnect..LogMaster a
       JOIN SmartConnect..LogDocument c ON c.LogMasterId = a.LogMasterId         
       JOIN SmartConnect..LogDocumentDetail b ON b.LogDocumentDetailId = c.LogDocumentId

delete b
       JOIN SmartConnect..LogDocumentTask b ON b.LogDocumentId = c.LogDocumentId

delete b
       JOIN SmartConnect..LogDocumentTask d ON d.LogDocumentId = c.LogDocumentId
       JOIN SmartConnect..LogDocumentTaskDetail b ON b.LogDocumentTaskId = d.LogDocumentTaskId

delete b
       FROM SmartConnect..LogDocument b

delete b
       JOIN SmartConnect..LogMapTask c ON c.LogMasterId = a.LogMasterId          
       JOIN SmartConnect..LogMapTaskDetail b ON b.LogMapTaskId = c.LogMapTaskId

delete b
       FROM SmartConnect..LogMapTask b

delete a
FROM SmartConnect..LogMaster a WHERE a.RunDate < GETDATE()-14

DELETE b
       FROM SmartConnect..TraceLine b
       JOIN SmartConnect..TraceHeader a ON b.TraceHeaderId = a.TraceHeaderId
WHERE a.EndDate < GETDATE() 14

DELETE a
FROM SmartConnect..TraceHeader a WHERE a.EndDate < GETDATE()-14
Marc replied 6 years ago

I ran the queries you provided and only had minimal record is 4 tables:
TraceLine (13)
TraceHeader (18)
ProcessErrors (4)
LogEventLog (652)

I ran the delete scripts you provided but none of the records in TraceLine and TraceHeader were older than 14 days and there were no delete scripts provided for the ProcessErrors and LogEventLog tables.

Devin McMahon answered 6 years ago
Running the script did nothing for me.  I currently have 2015.15.0.51 installed in a test environment in anticipation of an upgrade from 2013.   I found that for maps that are using the Microsoft GP Change Data Source,  the maps will not run, and when you try to save them you encounter either “Could Not Save Record”
If I try to delete the record I receive “Failed to delete map:  Transaction not connected or was disconnected”
Essentially, I can do nothing with these maps.  I cannot re-import them, I cannot delete them, or modify them.
Again – this symptom only pertains to maps connected to a GP Change Data Source.  I have already run SmartConnect maintenance on the GP company to which these maps are connected

Devin McMahon replied 6 years ago

Copying the map resolves the issue for the copied map, but you are still left with the old maps that you cannot delete, or edit.

I dont think this has anything to do with excess log records, it is something that occurs with maps connected to the GP Change Data Source

Marc replied 6 years ago

I ran a SQL profile on the delete operation which showed that the only thing getting called in sql is a delete stored procedure with an argument identifying the map to delete. I ran that procedure manually in SSMS and debugged it and found that it got all the way to the last step before hitting an error. But even though it hit an error, the map was successfully deleted inside SmartConnect.

So it appears this is an issue of the program not being able to properly handle an error returned from the SQL sproc during the delete process. But running the sql sproc manually takes care of the issue and allows us to move on.

would you be willing to share the name of that Stored Procedure, so I can avoid having to profile my environment to find it?

Lorren Zemke Staff replied 6 years ago

Devin, there is only one stored procedure in the SmartConnect database. E1_SCDeleteMap.

Marc, what was the error message you received when you ran it using SSMS. We can get a bug written for handling that error.

Marc replied 6 years ago

It the only one in the db which you can execute like this in SQL Management Studio:

exec dbo.E1_SCDeleteMap ‘

Marc replied 6 years ago

Sorry Devin. I had all the details and pasted it into a comment in this discussion last week, but I don’t see it here today so it must not have saved. I don’t have the details anymore but the error was literally from the last line in the sproc. I think it stated that the foreign key or constraint already existed or something along those lines.

Lorren – thank you. I have stayed out of the SmartConnect database for the most part, so I did not realize. I will attempt this on our test environment and report the results

I will forward the detailed error messages to Lorren when I perform my tests. Thank you

Jeanenne Turpin answered 5 years ago
Any update on this? I am having the same issue. I found that the stored procedure that deletes the map is referencing tables that are not installed. We are using SC 20.15.0.51.
Jeanenne Turpin replied 5 years ago

this is what I get when I run the stored procedure in SSMS

Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Procedure E1_SCDeleteMap, Line 51 [Batch Start Line 2]
Invalid object name ‘MsCrm2011BulkDestination’.

Sherry Whitten answered 2 years ago
Does SmartConnect have any setting/method to automatically delete log files after a certain age?  or do I need to set up a SQL Agent scheduled task to run periodically to clean up?   The last four queries returned results; the others were all 0 records.  
–These four return results
SELECT COUNT (*) FROM  SmartConnect..TraceLine
–984,306
SELECT COUNT (*) FROM  SmartConnect..TraceHeader
–233,007
SELECT COUNT (*) FROM  SmartConnect..ProcessErrors
–469
SELECT COUNT (*) FROM  SmartConnect..LogEventLog
–935,160
Sherry Whitten replied 2 years ago

Our Log Maintenance is set to Keep logs for 15 days. The eOne SmartConnect service is running on this server. But when I deleted logs older than two weeks, they were much older than 15 days; many of them went back to 2018. Are the logs above managed by the Log Maintenance/Keep Logs setting?

If you would like to submit an answer or comment, please sign in to the eOne portal.