Skip to content


PO Subtotal

rwahlert asked 9 years ago
I've built a map to import purchase orders.  On POs with multiple lines I'm getting an error stating that the subtoal does not match the line total.  I have checked and double checked the subtotal amount in mey data and it does equal the total of the line quantities and the unit cost.

Has anyone else sen this before and is able to reply with a solution?


Baron replied 9 years ago


I would set your destination to Dynamics GP- File and run the map so you are able to see the data in xml format. Maybe there is something going on in the background that you can't see or haven't picked up on in your original data.

Walt Herman answered 3 years ago
I am answering my own question. Mark A. I know you are out there, rejoice!!!LOL!
First thing I did was to run the SQL statement against the SmartConnect database which  eliminated the field being required.
UPDATE SmartConnect..[Field] SET Required = 0 WHERE Node = 'taPoHdr' AND TechnicalName = 'SUBTOTAL'

Step 2 was to mark the “Update if Exists” field to TRUE in the PO Header node.
End of story till it no longer is! LOL! Thanks…
KB answered 6 months ago

i know a very old post, but wanted to say thanks to walt herman for his reply, this solved the issue i was having with trying to raise purchase orders using smartconnect 2021

the table structure has changed slightly, but the above answer gave enough information for me to make the change

i find it staggering that 3 years on that this field is still set to be required by default, when quite clearly it should not be. 

If you would like to submit an answer or comment, please sign in to the eOne portal.