Maps using the CRM Connector (IFD) throw "An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received" Error, a few hours after being configured.
Our maps our scheduled to run hourly – and everything works fine for a few hours. Then the errors begin – all of them look similar to this:
Entity 'contact'. Entity Lookup 'COMPANYLOOOKUP' on entity 'account' could not be performed in organization '$ORGANISATION' : An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received from the other party. See the inner FaultException for the fault code and detail.
The important part of that example error is the “An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received from the other party.” part. This is the bit that shows up on all of the error messages.
I’ve found that the solution to this issue, is to open up Smartconnect – go to the CRM Connector settings – and then press “clear cache”, and “refresh” the service URL. My guess is this action fetches a new token, and that the token that SmartConnect was trying to use has expired.
Obviously, having to manually intervene every few hours isn’t great.
So, I’d like to know if there’s a fix to this issue, or at the very least, a way to automate the actions I’ve detailed above?
Spencer, what version of SmartConnect are you using? In our versions prior to 2017 we didn’t have an automatic refresh for the CRM Connector which would cause this to happen. If you are on SmartConnect 2016 or older, upgrade to SmartConnect 2018, and the timeout will no longer occur.
Hi Ethan, we’re running SmartConnect version 126.96.36.199. And the CRM Connector has the same version number.
Can I ask how the CRM connector knows when to refresh the token?
We have the same problem on 188.8.131.52, for what it’s worth. On CRM 2016/Dynamics 365 8.2.1 and 8.2.2 IFD.
Is there a way to manually refresh the token through a task in between map runs?
We have the same problem on 184.108.40.206 and CRM version is Dynamics 365. Please advise.
Hi Winson, I’ve not had any response from Ethan since January, so this is just an observation we’ve had.
I believe that Smartconnect refreshes the security token every 8 hours. This is fine if you have set your ADFS timeout settings to 8 hours (I believe this is the default). If you reduced this (like we did), then you’ll get this error for a while and then it’ll work again.
We’re still on version 220.127.116.11, I can’t see anywhere in the documentation that actually tells you about the 8 hour security token refresh. I’ve not read the documentation for the more recent versions, so I’m unsure if this has changed.
If you would like to submit an answer or comment, please sign in to the eOne portal.