Skip to content
+1-888-319-3663

COMMUNITY FORUM

GP Real Time to CRM 2011 on Premise

lquintero@arctictech.ca asked 8 years ago

I am using SmartConnect 2013, CRM 2011 On Premise and Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 (All installed in the same server machine), and I'm creating a pilot for a potential new client.

I successfully created a Map that integrates all customers in GP (Bulk Data Load, Microsoft Dynamics GP Query, just two fields for RM00101: CUSTNMBR and CUSTNAME) to a CRM 2011 On Premise Contact Entity (Using this map: LastName=CUSTNMBR, FirstName=CUSTNAME). 

I can run that first map without issues, and all customers in GP integrate OK to CRM each time I start the process.

Then, I tried to create a second Map, but this time using a Microsoft GP Real-Time Data Source, so any new customer created in GP is automatically created in CRM.  I registered the map succesfully and closed/open GP as suggested.

But, when I login to GP and create a new customer I notice the Map automatically runs, but it's failing.  🙁

I have enabled DEBUG on this map to detect what is the exact error reported, and the error is:

"Failed to get CRM 2011 Organizations : The server was unable to process the request due to an internal error. For more information about the error, either turn on IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults (either from ServiceBehaviorAttribute or from the <serviceDebug> configuration behavior) on the server in order to send the exception information back to the client, or turn on tracing as per the Microsoft .NET Framework SDK documentation and inspect the server trace logs. For entity 'contact' where 'lastname = ZZLQ07,' in organization 'CRM'"

That is, the map is working fine detecting I created a new customer… but it's not being able to connect with CRM to create the Contact…

What am I doing wrong?  I have checked previous posts in the forum and there is one post that suggests it could be a security problem inside a web config file, but I think that's not my case as I am able to successfully run the first map, that is actually using the same destination settings as the second map…

For testing purposes, I changed the destination to "Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 – File" just to confirm both maps are creating the XML calls exactly the same, but for some reason it's the second map the one that is failing…  it doesn't make sense, as both maps should call the same Web Service to interact with CRM…

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

If you would like to submit an answer or comment, please sign in to the eOne portal.