GP & Logic Integration Problem
“Currently, each line item is integrated with sales tax and the corrections must be done manually”
Are YOU integrating the line with sales tax itself. Or do you have “create taxes” set to TRUE and so eConnect does it all?
Would you have mixed orders? So perhaps I’d have 10 “eaten in” and thus not taxed and 20 “to go” and not taxed?
Lets assume you have eConnect default everything as is typical.
The only solution that I can see that would be workable is this:
1. Have a tax schedule called maybe NOTAX or whatever but has no tax details in it.
2. On the ‘add line item’ node there is a ‘tax schedule’ field. For taxable lines, you would have to fill in the real ‘tax schedule id’. For non-taxable, enter NOTAX
3. On the ‘create transaction’ node, set the ‘default tax schedules’ to 0 so econnect doesn’t default it.
4. on the ‘create transaction node’ make sure the ‘create taxes’ is still set to true/1.
5. So now when econnect creates the taxes, it should then use the schedule on the line and not what it would default which I assume is taxable.
To be honest, can’t say that I’ve tried this or heard of anyone trying it, but seems sound. But it’s about the only thing I can think of you could do to make this work without having to calculate and create the tax details yourself.
To answer your questions:
Create Taxes is set to: Local Constant “1”
Default Tax Schedules: Local Constant “0”
Header Level Taxes: Local Constant “0”
Yes, there can be mixed orders. We are bringing in the entire day’s sales so it can include item # xxxxx which is taxable and the same item # xxxxx which in non-taxable.
If you would like to submit an answer or comment, please sign in to the eOne portal.