Blank GL Segments
Original Source Account: 3200
Calc'd Account (adding prefix): 43200
GL Account in GP: 43200-_____-_____ (where _____ are blanks).
After trying multiple ways to force the issue, I output the map to a GP file so I could look at the XML and it appears SmartConnect truncates segment three.
So how do I plug a blank segment 3 if SC overrides my input?
You are creating a string such as "43200- – – -" so that it matches the GP account structure?
Can you post your calculated column code?
Forgive me as I didn’t bring a copy with me from the office, but I believe the base calc was something like. . .
return “4” & _Account & “- – ”
I also tried wrapping the entire formula in various conversions, tostring, padding, etc with no luck. When outputting the file to a “GP file” so I could see the xml, the output for the gl account is “43200- -“. It truncates as if applying an rtrim to the code.
Sorry, prior response didn’t include carriage returns.
Segment 2 is 5 spaces, segment 3 is 3 spaces. The formula reflects that spacing with the hyphen.
Any thoughts on this? I go back to this client tomorrow to try and finalize and would like to be able to offer some sort of solution other than change your COA.
That by the way is not all that expensive a tool to use and can be done quickly. I'm sure that they are probably having issues with their financials as well. And it could be that they can use the Changer tool within Great Plains.
I have manged to successfully create GL General Transactions using accounts with blank segments in them.
I did the following:
1. _ACCNUMBER is the column name that contains the data in the data source
2. I then created a calculated field for the actual account number
Here is the code i used.
return (_ACCNUMBER.ToString() + "- – ").ToString()
return (_ACCNUMBER.ToString() + "- – ").ToString();
If you would like to submit an answer or comment, please sign in to the eOne portal.