Skip to content
+1-888-319-3663

COMMUNITY FORUM

Bad Datatype detected for operation – AP Check batches go into Batch Recovery 100% when Extender is Active

Curtis Beethe asked 2 years ago
Recently added Extender window attached to PM Transaction Entry window. Around same time, users start reporting AP Check batches crash upon posting and go into Batch Recovery.
If I use Customization Status to disable Extender, the batch will post. We also use Binary Stream MEM and Mekorma MICR.
Here is a dex log of where I think the error is occurring. My Extender solution is named PM_CLAIMS:
‘SetTableLinkRange of form ExtenderTableLinkObject’, table ‘EXT_Table_Links’, “PM_CLAIMS”, 2
‘SQL_FormatStrings()’, “”, “PM_CLAIMS”   
‘Get_Table_Field_Datatype()’, 0, 0, “PM_Transaction_WORK”, “Batch Number” ‘[22033] on form [-74]’, 0
‘SQL_FormatStrings()’, “”, “CB TEST”
‘Get_Table_Field_Datatype()’, 0, 0, “PM_Transaction_WORK”, “Batch Source”‘[22033] on form [-74]’, 0
‘SQL_FormatStrings()’, “”, “PM_Trxent”
‘Get_Table_Field_Datatype()’, 0, 0, “PM_Transaction_WORK”, “Voucher Number – WORK”  ‘[22033] on form [-74]’, 0
‘PM_TRX_Backout_PPS_Data of form PM_Batch_Entry’, table ‘PM_PPS_Data_TRX_TEMP’
‘Post_PM_Batch_Recovery’, table ‘Batch_Headers’, 0, “Bad Datatype detected for operation”, “Computer Checks”, 2, 0-

Hope I’m not barking up the wrong tree. Any input appreciated.

Answers
Patrick Roth Staff answered 2 years ago
Woof?
I’d make sure that you are on the latest version of Extender.  I vaguely recall there was an issue in Extender where this might happen and it was fixed.
But also look at the table links that you created for your Extender window.
Out of the box, Extender doesn’t care about you posting anything.  But if you add in “Table Links” into your window, you tell Extender “When a record is deleted from Table X, look in these tables to find the record.”
And if you have bad Table Links defined, (ie picked the wrong column maybe) then you might get this kind of error.
But otherwise I’d make sure that you are on the final release of Extender for your version of GP.
Or you could delete the table links on your Extender window.
Curtis Beethe replied 2 years ago

Hi Patrick, This turned out to be some type of data corruption issue on the PM30300 table. After running DBCC CHECKTABLE I was able to post check batches. I’m in place with poor SQL dba’ing, so my issue would probably never bee seen in a normal environment.

Jim answered 2 years ago
I’d make sure that you are on the latest version of Extender.  I vaguely recall there was an issue in Extender where this might happen and it was fixed.
But also look at the table links that you created for your Extender window. 2048 cupcakes – Some of its features include a user-friendly interface wrapped in high-definition graphics along with a brilliant soundtrack.

If you would like to submit an answer or comment, please sign in to the eOne portal.