After Upgrade, Extender windows visible in Interface, but not in Security Tasks window
I would suspect that your DYNAMICS..EXT00001
is not populated after the upgrade.
The Security Task window for the Extender Objects is populated from this table and if it comes up empty, then this would be the culprit.
Easiest solution would be to open the Extender objects (windows in this case) in Extender.
Should be able to open each Extender window and then save it.
Verify that the record in the EXT00001 table is created.
You can do a couple and then check the table/security to verify they now show.
Once you do so, then you’d do the rest of the windows and should be good.
Excellent suspicion, that’s exactly what it was, thanks!
I am having this same problem right now. Did you ever find an answer for this issue?
We’re told there is a patch for this. We have not had a chance yet to apply and test it though.
I just loaded the updated version this morning and everything works OK. I did have to follow this instruction to get it to load though: http://www.eonesolutions.com/discussion/version-12-1-136-of-extender-cnk-is-not-compatible-with-version-12-0-103-of-extud-dic/
But one thing I didn’t realize until after the upgrade was complete is that while I created a menu in Extender to hold the form I wanted the users to see, I forgot to actually grant access to the menu in Security Tasks…I had only given them rights to the form itself and now way to get there. Once I added the menu to a security task assigned to a role that was assigned to the users, the Extender screen became available. Odds it would have been available before the Extender software update too had I remembered to give them access to the menu in the first place.
I think I have seen this before. Try granting the user security to the inquiry as well as the actual window.
If you would like to submit an answer or comment, please sign in to the eOne portal.